EMDR Clinical Supervision
Fostering Growth and Confidence in Therapeutic Practice
Creating a Supportive Space for Reflective Growth and Effective Practice
Throughout my training and even today, supervision has helped to increase my confidence in my therapeutic approaches.
Supervision has helped me to follow my intuition, offered a safe space within which to share experiences regarding what has worked well, times when I`ve felt stuck or where I have not been sure which direction to take.
In my EMDR Clinical Supervisor / Consultancy capacity, I aspire to offer all my supervisees a supportive environment with focus upon:
- A committed relationship from both parties, supervisor and the supervisees, focussed on helping the supervisees work effectively and to develop best practice
- Having a clear contract between all parties regarding the extent and limits of confidentiality
- Offering safe challenges to facilitate the supervisees competence, self-monitoring and personal growth
- Encouraging the supervisees to talk about the realities of their practice and any difficult areas of work in an environment where the other person (supervisor) attempts to understand
- Providing a safe space for supervisees to appropriately ventilate emotions without fear of judgemental comeback
- Separating and not confusing clinical supervision with caseload or managerial supervision
- Creating a space that can be both hard work and enjoyable
- learning to be reflective and becoming a reflective practitioner
I offer EMDR Consultant Clinical Supervision to individuals, groups and organisations.
Please contact me to discuss your EMDR Supervision requirements.
Get in Touch
If you have any queries about Hull Counselling Services or would like to find out more about the services we offer, please do get in touch.